Tripterium T50 ICO details
Start Date: 2018-6-15
End date: 2018-8-31
- Category: Investment
- Token: T50
- Platform: Ethereum
- Type: ERC20
- Initial price: 1 ETH = 10,000 T50
- Accepting: ETH Fiat
- Soft cap: 1,000 ETH
- Hard cap: 50,000 ETH
- Site: Tripterium T50 site
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tripterium
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/tripterium/
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/tripterium
- Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4424775.msg39470235#msg39470235
- Medium: https://medium.com/@tripterium
- Telegram: https://t.me/tripterium
Tripterium T50 – A next generation tokenized index fund, with an ICO feeder fund
Tripterium T50 is a tokenized, closed-end index fund (CEF), which passively tracks the top fifty cryptocurrency assets by market capitalisation, in order to deliver healthy returns. The fund has a Venture Capital Feeder Fund, which will invest in expertly-vetted early stage blockchain technology companies that are seeking to undertake an Initial Coin Offering (ICO), therefore benefitting from the ICO returns.
Profits from the Tripterium Venture Capital Feeder Fund will provide a constant stream of new money coming into the Tripterium T50 index fund, increasing the Net Asset Value (NAV) of the portfolio to the benefit of the T50 token holders.
The Tripterium T50 token is an Ethereum ERC20 standard token that represents the holder’s ownership in the fund. The value of the T50 token is always backed by the Net Asset Value of the fund. A liquidation option that can be exercised via the smart contract, guarantees a minimum value for each T50 token based on its proportion of the NAV.
Cryptocurrencies are one of the most important inventions since the inception of the web. They are ushering in a new era of decentralization, privacy, and control of one’s own data that has the potential to revolutionize many parts of society. There are currently over one thousand cryptocurrencies in use, with hundreds more being released each year. Their combined market cap has grown from $10 billion in 2016, to over $400 billion at the time of writing, having previously been much higher.
Companies involved with blockchain, the technology behind cryptocurrencies and altcoins are expected to experience significant growth over the coming years. Blockchain is the fastest growing market in the world and the Tripterium T50 token offers investors an opportunity to benefit from the growth in value
Last year witnessed a shift of approximately a third of a trillion dollars from actively managed funds into index funds. That means in the United States, a massive $350 billion moved straight into index funds.
Ever since index funds were created in the stock market, they have consistently outperformed the average managed fund. They have lower charges than managed funds.
Warren Buffett, the billionaire investor consistently recommends low cost index funds. In 2007, Warren Buffett made a bet with Protégé Partners, a US based Investment Company, which specialises in investing in hedge funds. The bet was that an index fund would outperform their choice of managed fund. Warren buffet won the $1 million bet as the index fund outperformed Protégé Partners selection of hedge funds.
As blockchain technology matures, the Tripterium T50 index fund will simply harness the power of the markets to deliver healthy returns. At the time of writing, the total market cap of the crypto market has been fluctuating around $400 billion2 . This might seem a lot, but when you take into consideration the size of other financial markets it really is not. The dot com bubble at its peak was a $3 trillion market, gold is a $7.7 trillion market, the global stock market is a $73 trillion market, the global real estate market is a $217 trillion market, and the derivatives market is a $544 trillion market. There is room for exponential growth in the crypto market.
Only 1% of the world’s population own cryptocurrency. Blockchain technology can solve dozens of previously intractable problems, like digital identities, supply chain integrity, data breaches and many, many more.
The use of blockchain technology within society has been exponentially increasing since it was introduced to the world in the whitepaper written by Satoshi Nakamoto . The first use of blockchain technology was bitcoin.
According to Gartner Insights, blockchain, the driving force behind the crypto market is estimated to grow in business value to $3.1 trillion by 2030 . The age of blockchain technology is just beginning.
Tripterium T50 has been structured to take advantage of the EMH theory. The T50 index fund will harness the power of the market to deliver returns, while the Venture Capital Feeder Fund will invest in riskier ventures in order to gain from the higher returns associated with them. This allows for Tripterium T50 to consistently outperform the market and benefit from the fastest growing market in the world.
The Tripterium T50 fund has several benefits including but not limited to:
- No exit fees
- No broker fees
- No advice fees
- Benefit from the fastest growing market in the world
- Free membership to the exclusive Tripterium Founders Club
- Diversified exposure: Broad exposure to a diverse set of cryptocurrencies
- Access great pre-ICO discounts and bonuses through the Tripterium Founders Club
- Higher returns: index funds have consistently outperformed the average managed fund
- Benefit from the concept of compounding interest, which increases the net asset value of the fund
- Tripterium Venture Capital Fund: consistently injecting new money into the Tripterium T50 index fund
- Institutional marketing: Tripterium T50 will be marketed to institutional investors, therefore increasing the T50 token price premium
- Liquidation option: providing a price floor for the T50 token, ensuring that the T50 token does not fall beneath the token’s share of the net asset value of the fund
- Free coins from hard fork: a cryptocurrency hard fork is when a single cryptocurrency splits in two. The value of the free coins will be put back into the Tripterium T50 index fund, increasing the net asset value of the fund
- Liquidity: Tripterium T50 tokens are based on the ERC20 token standard that is secure, can be easily stored in any Ethereum wallet, and can be easily bought or sold. The ERC20 standard is supported by all the top cryptocurrency exchanges
The Tripterium Founders’ Club is a unique standalone club that is dedicated to those who share our vision for Tripterium T50 and are optimistic about the crypto market, the fastest growing next generation market in the world.
Benefits of the Tripterium Founders’ Club
- Access to exclusive ICO bonus and discounts
- Priority access to upcoming Tripterium projects
- Access to private sales
- Access to pre-sales (That usually have very high minimum investment thresholds)
- Early access to projects that the Tripterium Venture Capital Feeder Fund has invested in
Free Membership to the exclusive Tripterium Founders’ Club will be given to:
- Individuals who have participated during the Tripterium T50 ICO process
This ensures that the members all share our vision about blockchain and the crypto market, the fastest growing next generation market in the world.
There are several components that make up the Tripterium T50 index fund, and one needs to understand each component.
Index funds aim to track the performance of a specific index. The value of the index fund will go up or down as the index goes up or down. Index funds typically have lower costs than actively managed funds because the portfolio manager doesn’t have to do as much research or make as many investment decisions. Even if two funds are of the same type, their risk and return characteristics may not be identical.
Active vs Passive Management
Active management means that the portfolio manager buys and sells investments, attempting to outperform the return of the overall market or another identified benchmark. Passive management involves buying a portfolio of securities designed to track the performance of a benchmark index. The fund’s holdings are only adjusted if there is an adjustment in the components of the index.
Exchange Traded Fund (EFT)
An ETF, or exchange-traded fund, is a marketable security that tracks an index, a commodity, bonds, or a basket of assets like an index fund. Unlike mutual funds, an ETF trades like a common stock on a stock exchange. ETFs experience price changes throughout the day as they are bought and sold. ETFs typically have higher daily liquidity and lower fees than mutual fund shares, making them an attractive alternative for individual investors.
Closed End Fund (CEF)
A closed-end fund (CEF) or closed-ended fund is a collective investment model based on issuing a fixed number of shares which are not redeemable from the fund. Unlike open-end funds, new shares in a closed-end fund are not created by managers to meet demand from investors. Instead, the shares can be purchased and sold only in the market, which is the original design of the mutual fund, which predates open-end mutual funds but offers the same actively-managed pooled investments.
Venture Capital Fund
Venture capital funds are investment funds that manage the money of investors who seek private equity stakes in start-up and small to medium-sized enterprises with strong growth potential. These investments are generally characterized as high-risk/high-return opportunities. In the past, venture capital investments were only accessible to professional venture capitalists.
Tokenized Index Fund
A tokenized index fund is a new type of investment fund. The Ethereum blockchain provides a trust-less and transparent platform that allows tokens to be easily transferred. This removes the need for a third party to keep track of investment accounts and their investors. Using the Ethereum network, a token holder can trade their token with no entry or exit fee bar the transfer fee charged by the Ethereum network. The T50 tokens represent their share of the underlying assets within the fund.
Structure of the Tripterium T50 fund:
- The Tripterium T50 fund is a passively managed, closed end, tokenized index fund, which includes a venture capital feeder fund to harness the power of the efficient-market hypothesis
- The portfolio passively mirrors the components of the top 50 cryptocurrencies by market cap
- Protection against the T50 token trading at a discount is provided by the liquidation option which creates a price floor for the token