Leonardian ICO details
Start Date: 2018-6-11
End date: 2018-8-6
- Site: Leonardian site
- Slack: https://slack.leonardian.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Leonardiancom
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/leonardiancom/
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/LeonardianICO/
- Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3205950.0
- Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/HsVZbA0vExIfazCzBdP83Q
Leonardian – The Marketplace for Digital Assets and Services
In the ever-growing market for software products and services increasingly provided by freelancers there is a space for a single marketplace where clients and freelancers can meet easily without intermediaries in a structured and transparent way with mechanisms protecting both sides.
Current marketplaces are geared towards providing either products: software and other intellectual-property items such as music, video, 3D, etc. or freelance services. But often the suppliers of these products and services are the same while business or individual clients require not only the digital assets but also supporting services to help them properly use, maintain and tailor them to their needs. In addition, the existing marketplaces come with very high transaction costs and other inefficiencies in the process of approval of providers, protection of clients, as well as payment delays and withdrawal barriers.
Leonardian is a blockchain-based all-in-one marketplace for digital assets including software products and copyright items, as well as freelance services. It comes with the needed benefits such as low flat transaction fee, bulletproof quality assurance mechanism protecting all parties, efficient payment mechanism and full predictability and transparency of conditions locked in the smart contract of the blockchain.
Decentralized and self-governing in its essence, it is a stable and efficient platform designed to avoid any potential capability issues, payment and transaction bottlenecks as well as to protect all parties including providers, clients and investors interested in the project
The state and trends of the software products market
The market for software products is growing each year. The spending on software is expected to reach 389 billion U.S. dollars in 2018 while the market for IT services is evaluated to 985 billion U.S. dollars for this year
While the majority of spending is in the corporate domain, there is also the ever-growing SME segment with more and more businesses worldwide going online, developing an online shop and constantly improving their web presence. Major growth drivers of the Web Content Management market include increasing trend of web-based marketing and seamless web experience to users through multiple channels such as mobile web and social media .
Some further estimations suggest that:
- In 2017 there were 22 million developers worldwide which are projected to rise to 26 million in 2022
- The web content management market size is estimated to grow from USD 4.91 Billion in 2017 to USD 10.63 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 16.7%.
- The biggest marketplace for creative assets for web designers has over 1.5 million active buyers and sellers and over 9,8 million community members, along with over 2,8 million items for sale (including themes, graphics, video, audio, photography and 3D models) . It is evaluated to have an annual turnover of 175 mln USD in 2017 only for web themes and templates.
Leonardian is a single marketplace providing direct connection between Clients who need assets and services in the digital domain and the Providers who offer such. This encompasses everything from any end-user standard code product or custom developed to diverse copyright protected items such as graphical, audio, video, 3D and other elements to completely custom-tailored freelancer or company services upon request.
No intermediaries, low fees, full transparency: all based on the blockchain technology with fixed rules of operation.
Leonardian is revolutionizing the market for digital assets by creating a single decentralized marketplace with low fees, high quality and speed, protection of clients and fair treatment of providers.
Our goal is to democratize the digital asset market by providing a self-governing decentralized ecosystem based on the following pillars:
- Flat fee to guarantee low transaction costs
- Quality assurance mechanism protecting all parties
- Fair treatment of providers
- Flexible and instant payment methods
- Full transparency and further development of the platform based on the decision of the community
Participants in the platform
“Providers” are individuals or companies who provide digital assets via the platform: this is list their services or copyright products – software, audio, video, images, 3D or other contents. A provider can also be a client in the platform – there is no need for a separate registration.
А “Client” is anyone who buys a product or pays for service via the platform. A client can be registered either as an individual, or as a company.
An “Angel” is large token-holder with more than 25,000 tokens.
Quality Assurance Experts
Quality Assurance expert is any qualified professionals who have successfully passed the initial approval process.
Blockchain and Tokens Functionality
Purchases and payments are conducted directly and without any intermediaries involved, in any convenient currency and upon the preference of both sides for the usage of crypto or fiat currencies. The smart contract implementation and the use of blockchain makes the transactions as safe and fast as possible. The smart contract transfers make sure that the money is transferred to the author’s account only upon occurrence of the pre-agreed conditions: provision of the service or downloading the product. This makes the process safe for both sides and provides them the opportunity to work together at a marginal fee.
The platform will be operating via own payment tokens: LEONs. All purchases and transactions on the platform will be running on LEONs. However the users are free to choose if they want to pay in or withdraw their account balance in another fiat or cryptocurrency. All the exchanges are automatically implemented by the exchange of the platform.
Tokens have the following functions:
- They transfer the information about the assets (products and services provided by the providers) and thus serve as immutable source of history
- They have a transactional function and thus allow the transaction to take place on the blockchain
- They are meant to give the opportunity to their owners to participate in the decisions of the future development of the platform – thus guaranteeing that this project remains decentralized and governed by the community
- They authorize their owners to receive remuneration for investing in the project
- Payment and exchange mechanism
The platform allows payments in a variety of options both in major cryptocurrencies as well as in fiat currencies. The platform is integrated with the major payment systems so customers will be able to pay via transfer of cryptocurrency – LEON or another popular cryptocurrency (BTC, ETH, LTC, etc.) or via Paypal, Stripe, bank transfer, credit or debit card or other.
Upon receiving the payment, if it is in a currency different from LEON (fiat or crypto), the system will automatically exchange the money into the LEONs. The author will be able to see his balance in LEONs but he will be able to withdraw immediately the sum in LEONs or in major fiat or cryptocurrency. All this is an automatic process backed by the exchange of the platform. The exchange of the platform allows exchange from and to popular cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, LTC etc.) as well as fiat currencies (USD, EUR, etc.) The exchange mechanism of the platform is an automatic one and is aimed at servicing the platform operations only.
The “Exchange” section of the platform provides detailed information regarding the fiat and crypto currencies supported by the platform. The rates are based on the average exchange rates at which the LEON token is traded on all the supported external for the platform exchanges.
The fee for the transaction is only one regardless of the type of product or service, type of client and it covers all the costs of the platform. The fee goes to the Fee Pool.