ShareRing ICO details
Start Date: 2018-6-3
End date: 2018-7-3
- Site: ShareRing site
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/shareringco
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShareRing.Network/
- Github: https://github.com/ShareRing
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ShareRing/
- Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2977847.20
- Medium: https://medium.com/sharering
- Telegram: https://t.me/ShareRing
ShareRing – The world’s first trusted token for sharing services. One way to pay for sharing everything, no matter what it is or where you are
ShareRing are the developers of the ShareLedger blockchain, a ‘smart service system’ that makes it far easier on a global level for millions of customers to access, and use on demand, a wide range of assets within the fast-growing sharing economy. This newly emerging, but highly fragmented industry, is currently worth over $100 billion. It is predicted to grow to at least $335 billion by 20251 .
ShareRing™ maintains it can be the Amazon of the sharing economy. Why? Simple – ShareRing™ will enable you, and millions like you, to use a single app that gives you access to any available asset you wish to rent, borrow or share anywhere in the world at any time.
ShareRing™ has incorporated a number of core elements that together create the smart sharing on-demand service system. These elements are:
- A custom-designed distributed blockchain (ShareLedger), which is already in development. ShareLedger will be harvesting one of the most recent developments in blockchain technology, i.e. a dual token mechanism. ShareToken (SHR) will be used as the utility token of the platform, while the second token, SharePay (SHRP), will be used as the currency for sharing services. If we were to think of this as a running car, then the analogy would be that we are providing both the fuel and the oil needed to run it, whereas most other companies and blockchain projects simply provide the fuel!
- Aspects of a proven platform and API which are already being used worldwide in the sharing economy.
- A clever, integrated smartphone app
- Ongoing mechanisms for creating a strong and growing network of providers and users
ShareRing are launching a blockchain powered market place for the $100bn sharing economy.
Global growth for ShareRing will come from the implemenatation of it’s two sided marketing plan that supports B2B and B2C. The global community will be driven and nurtured by community managers, lead by ShareRing’s Global Community Manager. Community managers will be responsible for building community networks, driving the education and expansion of the ShareRing community.
The Global Providers will be recruited to join the platform with a low barrier to entry, making it easy to join the global directory immediately. They will then have options to expand their use of the ShareRing marketplace features to engage more customers to use their assets. The ShareRing business developement team lead by the Global Sales Director, will target providers by vertical industries in strategic target markets starting with HK & China, Australia, UK and North America. A variety of european countries are also under review.
ShareRing are launching a blockchain powered marketplace for the $100bn sharing economy. By using the ShareRing platform, anyone can position themselves be the next Airbnb or Uber. Imagine being able to use and sharing service globally, with 1 login, 1 payment system, no foreign exchange fee’s, and a higher level of trust when compared to any other sharing service available today.
One study by PriceWaterhouseCoopers (2016) showed the European sharing economy growing very quickly: “with transactions [on platforms] almost doubling to £7.4bn in 2015” from £3.9bn in 2014.
PWC projected: “Going forward, we expect the UK’s sharing economy to expand at over 30% per year over the next decade, generating £18bn of revenue for platforms and facilitating about £140bn worth of transactions per year by 2025.”
Can you name more than five companies that operate within the sharing economy? There’s AirBnB, Uber, then you might draw a blank.
Do a quick Google search and you might be surprised to find there are thousands of companies around the world that operate within the sharing economy. They offer sharing services including everything from apartments, tools, office space, storage, heavy equipment, caravans, camping equipment, cars, meals, information and more. However, this has led to a fragmented access to the overall sharing economy, with compartmentalised services that, more often than not, vary widely in the manner in which one may make use of them.
The inherent problem of gaining access is significant, and the following are only some of the problems in the present state of the sharing economy:
- Currently, providers are heavily segmented or operate only within very small local markets.
- Signing up for these ‘sharing economy’ companies is a huge hassle for you. Each one has a different method to sign up and identify oneself to gain access to their platform and ‘assets’.
- The method through which you make sure you gain the asset, when, where and in the form you want, is uncertain and at times complicated
- If you’re travelling and wish to use one of these platforms, many providers only allow access to local residents, or charge international travellers in their local currency, creating frustration due to the additional bureaucracies and costs involved.
- Finally, there’s the ‘trust’ issue. How do you know that the company or individual provider is ethical and legitimate? What recourse do you have if anything goes wrong? What about the database, is it secure, is your privacy protected, will it still be online tomorrow? Trust is of fundamental importance when it comes to sharing assets belonging to third parties or services offered by such third parties, so we set out on a singular mission: placing trust back where it belongs.
ShareRing™ not only provides the solution to these issues, but it also offers additional benefits. The ShareLedger blockchain is a core component of this because it enables universal access to every asset attached to the ShareRing™ smart system.